Losing weight with Slimming World, one meal at a time.

Saturday, 9 April 2011

moooosli

I've just started having this recently - now that spring is here I don't always feel like porridge. It's lovely, fills you up without feeling heavy, and gets in some superfree fruit! It's very loosely based on a muesli recipe from River Cottage Every Day.

Technique tip: if you're not sure how to segment an orange as described below, Waitrose has a handy guide with photos.

Mooooosli (modify number of O's to your own taste) (HEXB + 1 syn)
(serves 1)
  • 42g Dorset Cereals Simply Fruity Muesli (HEXB)
OR
  • 28g Dorset Cereals Really Nutty Muesli (HEXB)
  • 1 orange
  • 1 apple
  • Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
  • 1 tsp honey (1 syn)
Place muesli into your cereal bowl. Slice the top and bottom off the orange, place flat on a cutting board, and peel down the outside with a small knife. Over the cereal bowl, remove the sections of orange using the knife and let them plop on top of the muesli along with any juice which may naturally be produced by this process (naughty, but I won't tell if you won't). Stir together and leave for 10 minutes. Watch some breakfast television or something, but try not to lose track of the time unless you want to come back to mushli.

Return to your (softened but not soggy) muesli. Grate the whole apple as coarsely as you are able to (although I recommend you leave out the seeds/core, because I don't like them), add it to the cereal bowl, and stir to combine thoroughly.

Dollop some yoghurt on top (as much as you like, really) and drizzle with the honey. Scoff. Feel virtuous and ready to spring out into the sunny outdoors to meet the day.

(note: on the odd horrifying occasion when I've run out of Total 0%, I have topped my muesli with a pot of Activia Intensely Creamy yoghurt and left off the honey. This increases the syns to 2 1/2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment